I have been looking around and have found out some things about next years schedule. Lets begin
1. @ Dayton: This year we began a home and home with Dayton so next year we will play at Dayton. That will be a big resume boosting opportunity. I believe it will take place towards the end of the OOC schedule.
2. vs. Wake Forest: This game was recently announced. I believe it is the beginning of a home and home with WF. Wake was awful this year but it is still a chance to get a win vs. another power conference team
3. @ St. Peters: We seem to rotate every year with St. Peters. This year we were home so next year it will be a road game
The Charelston Classic
This is a 3 day, 8 team event, that will consist of 3 games per team. The teams we could play in this are:
3. St. Joesephs
5. Georgia Tech
7. Western Kentucky
This is a very strong field. It consists of 3 very good mid majors (Tulsa, VCU, Western Kentucky) and 2 very good major conference teams in Baylor and GT. St.Joes and LSU are wildcards as they are supposed to be better next year but it is not certain. If we go 2-1 in this field I would be very happy.
2. another ACC team: The exact team is not set in stone but it is rumored that SHU will play another home and home with one of the ACC teams. I am presuming the game in this coming year will be a road game.
3. an SEC team: similar to #2, it is not known who this team will be but it is clear that SHU would like to have a home and home with an SEC team (possibly Georgia or Ole Miss)
4. NJIT?: I am almost positive we play @NJIT next year as well but I am not certain of it so I have it here (if someone can confirm that, I would be very happy)
This is 8(or 9 if you count NJIT) games of our OOC schedule. That leaves us with 4(or 3 if you count NJIT) more to fill. I am assuming they will be mostly cupcakes with maybe one more tough game out of the 4.
Who do you think should be the other ACC team? Who do you want as the SEC team? Which 3 teams do you want to face from the Charleston Classic?