This past week has been swamped with news about Seton Hall's newest commitment from a 2012 JUCO PF allegedly (kidding) named Raymon Austin from Paris Junior College (Paris, Texas.) There has been a slew of different information about Austin, some of which is true, some not. At this point in time, here is what we do know:
- Austin is from somewhere in Ohio, most likely Cleveland. He also has a family member from Tennessee (hence why Adam Zagoria said he was from Tennessee.)
- Raymon is 6'8'' and weighs 230lbs.
- Chris Pompey was the lead recruiter for Austin, who was being recruited for quite a long period of time. An indicator of this is Austin's tweet over a month ago about his intention to sign with Seton Hall.
- Austin will have two years of eligibility when he comes to Seton Hall, not three, as reported by Jay Gomes. No fault to Jay, who was just reporting what Austin's head coach told him.
- Raymon played briefly at Beaver County Community College (Monaca, PA.)
- Austin sat out last season while at Paris JC, he will be listed as a redshirt freshman this season.
- Austin was briefly enrolled at Clinton Junior College (Rock Hill, SC.) but never played there.
- According to the NJCAA Austin is from East Technical High School (Cleveland, Ohio.)
St. John's decommit Jevon Thomas unofficially visited South Orange last Wednesday and was offered by the coaching staff. Thomas, a 2012 PG who will play at Quality Education (N.C.) for his senior year, has also received offers from Penn State and Towson. Thomas played for Our Savior New American (N.Y.) for the past two seasons where he was teammates with 2012 target Chris Obekpa.
St. John's landed a commitment from 2012 SG Darrick Wood (NIA Prep, N.J.) over the weekend, a teammate of Kyle Anderson's on the AAU circuit (NJ Playaz).
Seton Hall was on Darrick Wood's list of seven schools, which surprised me, as I don't think there was any real serious interest here.
Anderson has stated that Wood's decision will not affect his own.
For additional recruiting updates and Kyle Anderson's visit schedule, follow the jump.
- Seton Hall has made 2012 F Daniel Dingle's (St. Raymond, N.Y.) final 7, along with Missouri, UMass, Auburn, Arizona, Temple and Maryland. Dingle plans on unofficially visiting Seton Hall and Temple while taking officials to Auburn and Arizona -- this decision is purely based off of proximity to his home (Bronx, N.Y.) Dingle will likely narrow his list down to three schools, which he will take official visits to this fall.
- Kyle Anderson Sr. gave Adam Zagoria his son's tentative visit schedule for this coming month, here is how it shapes up:
- Anderson was named Battle of the Boroughs MVP yesterday.
- Four players from St. Patrick (N.J.) were on campus with Jevon Thomas last Wednesday: Jared Nickens, DeAndre Bembry and Darrian Collins are all Class of 2013 while Jonathan Williams is Class of 2014.
- Syracuse offered 2013 F target Tyler Roberson (Roselle Catholic, N.J.) last Thursday. Over the past 6 months, Roberson has gone from a fairly unknown prospect to Top 50 in his class.
- UConn has offered 2012 PF target Chris Obekpa of Our Savior New American (N.Y.) With the commitment of Raymon Austin and Obekpa's skyrocketing stock, I think its safe to say that this ship has sailed. Its unfortunate, as Obekpa has been labeled as one of the best shot blockers in his class by guys like Evan Daniels of Scout.com.
- Per Scout.com, Seton Hall is expressing interest in 2014 PF Chris McCollough (Salisbury School, CT) the No. 3 rated PF in his class.
- Patrik Auda scored 12 points (4-6) & pulled in 2 rebounds during 29 minutes of action in the Czech Republic's 85-69 win over Brazil.
- Patrik Auda scored 10 points (5-8) and added 11 rebounds in 23 minutes for the Czech Republic in their 78-69 win over Australia today.
- Patrik Auda led the Czech Rep. in scoring with 12 points (6-11) and collected 5 rebounds in a 71-52 loss to Ukraine.
- Patrik Auda scored a game high 27 points (9-11) and grabbed 9 rebounds in the Czech Republic's 94-81 win over Japan today.
- Through the 8 games in China, Auda averaged 15.3PPG (team high), 7.5RPG (team high), shot 62% from the field and 50% from 3PT.