With the second July evaluation period in the books, its time to recap any and all developments in the Seton Hall recruiting world. Seton Hall coaches were present at the UA Summer Jam (Wisconsin), the Nike EYBL Peach Jam (South Carolina) and the Hoop Group Summer Jam Fest (Philadelphia) this week. All three events attracted high volumes of D-I coaches and high-major talent.
The staff extended offers to a handful of prospective Pirates this week:
- 2014 PF Alec Brennan of Expressions Elite was offered along with Iowa State, Providence and St. Bonaventure. Here is Alec's complete offer list.
- Kaleb Joseph, a 2014 PG from Cushing Academy (MA) was offered early last week. Here is an up to date look at Kaleb's recruitment status.
- DePaul and Seton Hall have offered Riverdale Baptist's (MD) 2014 center Chinanu Onuaku.
- While the offer may have not been recent, Seton Hall has extended a 'ship to 2015 PG Franklin Howard (Gonzaga, DC). Virginia Tech, USF, Florida, Georgetown and Villanova have done the same.
- Most recently, 2015 forward Cheick Diallo (Our Savior New American, NY) of Team SCAN has been offered by Seton Hall. Diallo joins a growing list of Team SCAN players who have been offered -- the staff was watching SCAN play this week.
Two familiar but perhaps less talked about names are 2013s Rene Castro and Rysheed Jordan. Both stated this week that Seton Hall is actively recruiting them, here and here. Although I have been high on Castro's game since last year's Peach Jam, he has been considered as a borderline high-major player and he has stated that George Washington and Pittsburgh have "made him a priority." On the other hand, Rysheed Jordan is a consensus Top 50 guard and a commitment would tap into the Philly recruiting scene.
- 2013 F Austin Colbert (Team Final) has reiterated to Adam Zagoria that he intends on visiting Seton Hall, along with several other schools. I would imagine that Colbert is Seton Hall's main priority as far as forwards go in the Class of 2013 -- the staff was seen watching Team United/Team Final at the Peach Jam this week. Reggie Cameron (Hudson Catholic, NJ) is another name that comes to mind -- he is still listing Seton Hall.
- Isaiah Lewis will transfer from Christ the King (NY). He is considering St. Anthony, Montrose Christian, Montverde and The Patrick School (St. Pat's). The 2013 PG target will decide by August.
- 2014 F target Theo Pinson (Wesleyan Academy, NC) has been recently offered by both North Carolina and Duke.
- 2013 Jonathan Severe (Christ the King, NY) lists Seton Hall, Providence, Villanova and Providence as schools that are recruiting him. Rhode Island has recently offered and Missouri is showing interest. Seton Hall has offered.
- Abdul-Malik Abu of Expressions Elite, who Seton Hall have offered recently, may look to team up with teammate Jared Terrell in college.
- Ohio State offered 2013 PF Devin Williams (Montverde Academy, FL) this week. As of a week ago, Seton Hall was in "hot pursuit", but I would imagine an offer from Ohio State is hard to contend with, as Devin is an Ohio native.
- Seton Hall was seen evaluating several members of Team Loaded at the UA Summer Jam. Its yet to be seen if this will develop into formal interest.
- Kevin Willard was scouting Boo Williams/NJ Playaz at the Peach Jam this week -- Isaiah Briscoe (2015) and Reggie Cameron (2013) of the Playaz are both targets.
- Alabama and Oklahoma State have offered 2013 PG target RaShawn Powell (Dr. Phillips, FL).
- 2014 G Phil Booth (Mount St. Joseph, MD) of Team Takeover has been offered by Larry Brown (SMU).
- Marquette has offered 2013 forward Kamall Richards, who we discussed last week. Richards will prep at St. Benedict's (NJ) or St. Thomas More (CT).
- Seton Hall extended an offer to 2013 SG Tim Quarterman (Johnson HS, GA) of the Atlanta Celtics in late May. Quarterman is a native of Savannah, Georgia, the same city that current Pirate Brandon Mobley grew up in.