As the clock struck 5PM yesterday, the third and final July evaluation period concluded, capping off twelve days of hectic evaluating and recruiting pitches. After taking trips to the Peach Jam, Hoop Group Jam Fest, Nike Global Challenge, UA Summer Jam Fest and Nike Skills U during the previous two evaluation periods, the coaching staff descended upon Atlantic City/Stockton College for Live in AC and the Sunshine State for the Orlando Super Showcase.
While both events attracted high levels of talent, Live in AC sported the top AAU teams on the East Coast, including Team Takeover, CIA Bounce, NJ Playaz and many more. Kevin Willard was seen taking in games involving SportsU, NJ Playaz and Team Final, among others. Later in the week, the Seton Hall skipper flew to Florida for the Orlando Super Showcase and was spotted watching 2013 G Rene Castro (Worcester Academy, MA) and others.
This evaluation period contained far less scholarship offers than we saw prior, for several logistical recruiting reasons. Despite the lull, we gathered a sizable amount of recruiting information for your reading pleasure after the jump.
The lone, unconfirmed offer that I came across this week was to 2015 F Jaelin Grant of Maryland United and DeMatha Catholic (MD). Jaelin is the youngest of four and the son of ex-NBAer Harvey Grant. If the last name sounds familiar, Jaelin's oldest brother Jerai Grant just graduated from Clemson, his second older brother, Jerian Grant, averaged 12.3PPG for Notre Dame last season and his next oldest brother, Jerami Grant, is a Syracuse commit and former Seton Hall target who also hoops for DeMatha. Jaelin clearly comes from a basketball family and has an unbelievably strong foundation for success.
- Matt Bracken of the Baltimore Sun wrote a very nice story about 2014 G target Phil Booth and his journey towards accumulating double digit D-I scholarship offers. On the recruiting end of things, Booth recently told NBESports that his recruitment is wide open and is considering every school that has offered him.
- 2013 standout Kuran Iverson is still listing Seton Hall along with Indiana, Kentucky, UConn and Oklahoma State but it looks like Memphis and Florida might have a slight edge. Iverson announced last week that he will transfer from Northwest Catholic (CT) to Fishburne Military Academy (VA) for his senior season.
- Seton Hall is still very much involved with 2013 Philly Pride duo Rysheed Jordan and Miles Overton. Jordan told NBESports that Seton Hall is actively recruiting him while Overton said that he is receiving "heavy interest" from the South Orange school. The coaching staff made sure to watch Philly Pride this week while at Stockton College.
- Alex Kline provided a very nice (and free) feature on several kids here, including 2013 F Austin Colbert and 2014 Alec Brennan, both of whom Seton Hall has offered. Its interesting to note that Colbert hinted at being a possible package deal with Davon Reed at Miami (FL). Accompany that nugget with Colbert's quotes in the past about Southern schools and...
- Jason Boswell is listing Seton Hall, Rutgers, St. John's, Providence, Oklahoma, Boston University and Miami (FL). The 2013 wing from Trinity Catholic (CT) has been on Seton Hall's radar for quite some time.
- Iowa State and Indiana have offered 2013 F target Reggie Cameron (Hudson Catholic, NJ) of the NJ Playaz.
- After receiving offers from North Carolina and Duke in recent weeks, it looks like Theo Pinson is no longer interested in Seton Hall. Surprise, surprise.
- Providence offered 2013 PG RaShawn Powell (Dr. Phillips, FL) this week.