As the Seton Hall players packed up their flashy kicks, Beats headphones, iPods and their D-I basketball talent this week in preparation for a ten day trip to Spain starting Monday night, the staff was making moves in preparation for several years down the road.
If you missed it on Friday, SouthOrangeJuice.com broke the news that Seton Hall was hosting local talent Tyler Roberson (Roselle Catholic HS, NJ) for an unofficial visit. The visit comes days after Roberson announced his decision to pinch his list down to ten schools, Seton Hall among them. A senior, Roberson plans to make his college decision this fall but may wait until spring.
Tyler Roberson spoke with Adam Zagoria this week about each of the ten teams he is considering. He said that Seton Hall "is the closest to where I live and my family and friends would get to come and see me play." A reason that isn't much different than that of a certain point forward from St. Anthony (NJ) -- hint: Kyle Anderson. Of his ten remaining schools, Tyler has already expressed the desire to visit Syracuse and Kansas.
2014 F Chris McCollough of Team SCAN and 2013 SF Reggie Cameron (Hudson Catholic HS, NJ) of the NJ Playaz are visiting Seton Hall today. McCollough has already lined up visits to the likes of Memphis (Aug. 27th) and Syracuse (Aug. 29th). McColllugh said to Adam Zagoria in an interview that "I don’t really know a lot about Seton Hall" despite taking an unofficial to Seton Hall late last August. Kevin Willard should be looping film of this game throughout the day to introduce him.
Reggie Cameron has told several members of the media that he wants to produce a final list of his own. He current has a loose list including schools such as Florida, Rutgers, Miami (FL), Seton Hall, Indiana, NC State, DePaul, Xavier and Cincinnati. I would be surprised if Seton Hall was left off of Cameron's final list, especially after today's visit.
The staff hosted yet another visitor this week in the form of 2014 PG Divine Myles (Blount HS, AL) of Alabama Select on Monday. Divine told Future150 in late June that Seton Hall was recruiting him the hardest. Divine has been on Seton Hall's radar since last November and is a Chris Pompey recruit.
For a rundown of other recruiting updates, follow the jump.
- 2013 G/F Kuran Iverson has narrowed his list to four and it does not include Seton Hall.
- DeShaun Morman is down to two schools, neither of which is Seton Hall. The 2013 G will play at Faith Baptist Prep (FL) for his senior season and is down to Rutgers and Cincinnati.
- Seton Hall, Penn State and Rutgers have shown interest in 2015 G Donovan Mitchell (Canterbury, CT). Iona and Providence have offered. Donovan did some big things in July with The City on the AAU circuit.
- 2013 G target Isaiah Lewis visited Louisiana State on Tuesday.
- Austin Colbert will attend Gill St. Bernard's (NJ) for his senior season. The 2013 F is still very much on Seton Hall's radar and is now in their backyard. Its tough to get a read on whether the Sinas (Jaren, Mergin) still have a positive relationship with Seton Hall -- I would think they do.
- Here is a very nice spotlight on 2013 PG target Roddy Peters (Suitland HS, MD) by Marcus Helton of DMVElite.
- CBSSports' Jeff Borzello wrote a feature on 2014 target Jay Henderson's (Lake Highland, FL) summer here. The Pirates have offered.
- 2014 C target Chinanu Onuaku (Riverdale Baptist, MD) of the Maryland Mavericks has picked up offers from Virginia Tech and Xavier. Seton Hall and DePaul previously offered in late July.
- Kansas State has offered 2014 F Dwayne Morgan (St. Frances, MD).
- 2014 F Jared Nickens (Westtown, PA) took an unofficial visit to Temple on Tuesday.