First off, I need to personally apologize for my absence from South Orange Juice and Twitter over the past week and change. In short, Comcast really dropped the ball when it came to setting up their services for my new apartment and I won't have internet until Wednesday. Additionally, Hurricane Irene shut down campus (Rowan University) for several days, leaving the library (free WIFI) closed until today.
I had nearly a dozen recruiting tidbits saved from last week but was only able to collect a few over the last week since scouring the internet for this type of information on a smartphone is quite tedious. So without further ado...
Last Tuesday, Team Scan's talented trio of 2014 players Chris McCullough (PF), Conrad Chambers (PG) and Shavar Newkirk (PG) were all offered by the Seton Hall coaching staff while on campus for an unofficial visit. All three players are already standouts in the Class of 2014. McCullough is ranked 11th in his class by ESPN, Newkirk is touted as the best 2014 player in New York City outside of Isaiah Whitehead and Chambers holds offers from Iowa State, Providence, Seton Hall and Rutgers. McCullough went on to visit Arizona, Villanova and Syracuse after his visit to South Orange last Monday.
The coaching staff extended offers to 2013 SG Hallice Cooke (St. Anthony, N.J.) and 2013 SG Stanford Robinson (Fairfax, VA) over the past week. Cooke is a long time local target who had failed to receive an offer from the staff until last Friday. Robinson is a new target from Paul VI HS (Fairfax, VA) who also holds offers from Virginia Tech, Miami (FL), North Carolina State, Pittsburgh, Rutgers, USF and several mid-majors. Cooke has been offered by USF, Seton Hall and a slew of mid-majors including Richmond, VCU and Iona.
In addition to Robinson, another new target popped up this week: 2013 SG Miles Overton (Chester, PA) of St. Joseph's Prep (PA). Overton was actually mentioned in this piece a few months ago but its nice to know that there is still mutual interest here, as Miles re-tweeted the above linked tweet.
Last week I received word from a source who talked to 2012 PG Kareem Canty recently. Canty told him that he plans on officially visiting Seton Hall on September 22nd and is still considering Seton Hall, Miami (FL), Florida State, Dayton and Marshall. Additionally, Canty intends on committing to a school in the spring signing period.
Instead of rehashing all of the Kyle Anderson visit news, please read this piece for all the information about his visit to Seton Hall this past Thursday.
For more recruiting tidbits, please follow the jump.
- 2013 SG Davon Reed hopes he visits Seton Hall, among other schools, this fall.
- Seton Hall has contacted Villanova 2012 decommit Savon Goodman. The 67th best player in the Class of 2012 is reportedly struggling with his academics and might reclassify to 2013. Goodman is good friends with Kyle Anderson, as they both play on NJ Playaz (AAU).
- PG target Jaylen Beckham is reclassifying from 2012 to 2013 and will play at West Virginia Prep Academy this winter. Beckham told a source that he has received interest from Seton Hall following his reclassification but has yet to formulate a list.
- 2013 SF target Tyler Roberson has been offered by Virginia Tech.
- 2013 duo Kavon Stewart and Reggie Cameron are unofficially visiting UMass this weekend.
- Seton Hall is still on 2012 PF Chris Obekpa's long list, according to his coach.