This week's edition of the Seton Hall recruiting roundup is headlined by a set of impressive visitors that tripped to South Orange.
Seton Hall hosted 2014 shooting guard Rashard Figures (Hackensack, NJ) and 2013 forward Tyler Roberson (Roselle Catholic HS, NJ) on Wednesday. Figures subsequently visited Rhode Island and Connecticut after his trip to South Orange. Rashard has attracted a long list of schools that are interested in him. Rhode Island, Connecticut, Seton Hall, La Salle, George Mason, Cincinnati, Boston University and most recently Virginia have expressed interest in Rashard since June 15th. As expected, Figures enjoyed his visits to both Rhode Island and Connecticut. On Rhode Island: "It was fun. I toured the campus and the coaches were telling me what my role would be there." While in Storrs, Jim Calhoun pitched to Rashard about his future, "I had a lot of fun. Coach Calhoun told me if I keep working hard, could play for UConn one day."
The other visitor on Wednesday was Tyler Roberson. A stud in the Class of 2013, Tyler has offers from all sorts of high-majors including Kansas, Syracuse and Louisville. Roberson would obviously be a fantastic get for Seton Hall, for multiple reasons. After his visit to Seton Hall that lasted through Thursday, Tyler visited Rutgers yesterday.
Another pair of visitors were scheduled to set foot on campus this Thursday but their visits were apparently split up, as 2013 Reggie Cameron (Hudson Catholic HS, NJ) wound up visiting on Friday while Isaiah Lewis (Christ The King, NY) was on campus with Tyler Roberson on Thursday. Cameron has been on Seton Hall's radar for a long time, with a steady flow of interest. Conversely, interest in Lewis has appeared to spike over the last several weeks.
Reggie tweeted yesterday that "Shu was great today!" after returning home from his visit. Connecticut is the latest school to offer the forward with a deadly outside shot. Reggie will attend the 2012 Kevin Durant Skills Academy from June 24th-26th.
After his visit, Isaiah Lewis said that the "Visit was great, talked to players, coaches & Tyler Roberson was up there as well with me so it was fun." Isaiah told Zach Braziller of the New York Post that he wants to travel to Memphis next.
Follow the jump for a bunch of recruiting tidbits.
- Seton Hall has expressed interest in 2014 forward Abdul Malik Abu (Kimball Union Academy, NH). Iowa State, Providence, Boston College, Rhode Island, Michigan State and Rutgers have all offered.
- 2014 forward Shane Hall (Johnson Central, KY) has heard from a long list of schools since June 15th, one of them is Seton Hall. UAB, Miami (OH), Butler, Northern Kentucky, Indiana, Alabama, Southern Miss, Stanford, Wake Forest, Seton Hall, Virginia Tech, Indiana State, Western Kentucky, Cincinnati, and Tennessee Tech have reached out to the Eastern Kentucky prospect.
- Seton Hall is one of four schools that 2014 center Quadri Moore (Linden HS, NJ) is hearing from the most. Quadri maintains that all of his potential suitors are equal right now and told NBESports that Providence, Seton Hall, Rutgers and Georgetown have extended offers.
- Georgetown hosted 2013 F Jared Nickens (St. Patrick's, NJ) for an unofficial visit this week.
- 2015 PG Isaiah Briscoe (St. Benedict's, NJ) visited Virginia and received an offer from them last Sunday.
- Villanova offered 2014 guard Phil Booth (Mount Saint Joseph, MD) during a visit.
- Virginia offered 2013 point guard Rashawn "Pookie" Powell (Dr. Phillips HS, FL) on Wednesday.
- 2013 point guard targets Tyler Ennis, Rashawn Powell and Jaren Sina are participating in the 2012 Deron Williams Skills Academy.
- 2013 forward target Austin Colbert (Hotchkiss, CT) has been invited to the 2012 Amar'e Stoudemire Skills Academy.
- 2012 point guard Trey Dickerson is headed to prep school and will therefore reclassify to the Class of 2013. Seton Hall had expressed interest several months ago.
Next On South Orange Juice:
- An exclusive interview that you won't want to miss (Monday morning)
Follow South Orange Juice on Twitter: