With a point guard situation that is as clear as the Hudson River on a cloudy day, the Seton Hall coaching staff has a lot to consider when recruiting in the Class of 2013 and beyond. Will Sterling Gibbs be granted a hardship waiver? Will Aquille Carr academically qualify? Despite what may or may not happen, the staff is already honing in on 2014 point guards.
Garrett Tucker of Future150.com spoke to 2014 PG Divine Myles of Blount HS (Mobile, AL) recently and learned that the Alabama Select (AAU) guard is hearing from one school the most. "I would say Seton Hall is showing the most interest in me right now," Myles told Future150. Divine also listed a few schools that he is favoring right now, "I like Seton Hall, Memphis, Baylor, Tennessee, and Marquette. They are all very prestigious schools with great basketball programs."
Myles is a Chris Pompey recruit and has been targeted by Seton Hall since November. He was ineligible to play at Blount last season due to AHSAA transfer regulations after averaging 12PPG and 8APG as a freshman at Faith Academy (Mobile, AL).
In addition to Divine Myles, Seton Hall is also targeting point guard Johnnie Shuler (Theodore Roosevelt HS, DC) in the Class of 2014. There is more on Shuler after the jump.
After visiting Seton Hall and Rutgers last week, 2013 forward Tyler Roberson (Roselle Catholic HS, NJ) briefly spoke about his visits in his Hoops Blog.
On my visits to Seton Hall and Rutgers, I had a lot of fun, I got a chance to see the campuses, got to know the coaches a lot better and learn things that I didn’t know about the schools and their programs. On my visit to Seton Hall I got a chance to see the team work out and meet some of the players. At Rutgers, I also met a lot of the players and talked to them about the school and the team.
Tyler added that Villanova will likely be the destination of his next college visit.
For more recruiting tidbits from the last week, follow the jump.
- After speaking with Alex Schwartz of NBESports recently, it looks like 2013 power forward Mike Young is no longer listing Seton Hall. Despite holding an offer from Seton Hall, Young failed to mention the Big East school. There is no surprise here as interest had seemingly dwindled between the Pirates and Young since last fall. Young will transfer back to St. Benedict's Prep (NJ) for his senior season.
- Carlos Morris has signed with Chipola Junior College (FL). Morris was a one time Seton Hall target.
- Forward target Jared Nickens has reclassified to the Class of 2014 and has transferred to Westtown (PA). Jared told Alex Schwartz of NorthStarBball the following about his decisions, "Its whats best for me, another year to gain strength, and improve my game from all aspects."
- Reggie Cameron of Hudson Catholic HS (NJ) took an unofficial visit to DePaul on Thursday.
- Georgetown and Miami (FL) have hopped on the Rashard Figures (2014 SG) bandwagon, as both have expressed interest.
- While he isn't a new target, 2014 PG Johnnie Shuler has been hearing from Maryland, Seton Hall, Miami (FL) and Michigan recently. We highlighted Johnnie in The Overlooked Recruiting Targets piece.
- Xavier has offered 2014 guard target Phil Booth (Mount St. Joseph, MD).
- 2015 point guard Isaiah Briscoe took an unofficial visit to Syracuse this week. Virginia has extended an offer to the St. Benedict's Prep (NJ) sophomore.